UEFA 10 Point Plan
Portadown Football Club fully supports the UEFA ten-point plan, details of which are listed below:
- Issue a statement saying the club will not tolerate racism/sectarianism, spelling out the action it will take against those engaged in racist/sectarian chanting. The statement should be printed in all match programmes and displayed permanently and prominently around the ground.
- Make public address announcements condemning racist/sectarian chanting at matches.
- Make it a condition for season-ticket holders that they do not take part in racist/sectarian abuse.
- Take action to prevent the sale of racist/sectarian literature inside and around the ground.
- Take disciplinary action against players who engage in racial/sectarian abuse.
- Contact other clubs to make sure they understand the club’s policy on racism/sectarianism.
- Encourage a common strategy between stewards and police for dealing with racist/sectarian abuse.
- Remove all racist/sectarian graffiti from the ground as a matter of urgency.
- Adopt an equal opportunities’ policy in relation to employment and service provision.
- Work with all other groups and agencies, such as the players union, supporters, schools, voluntary organisations, youth clubs, sponsors, local authorities, local businesses and police, to develop pro-active programmes and make progress to raise awareness of campaigning to eliminate racial/sectarian abuse and discrimination.
You can find out more information about the plan and other information by visiting the official UEFA site